Here it is, my final Hainan CNY trip post after 2 months overdue. The coconut I saw on the tree probably plucked and served by now.

We needed to travel from the south of the island to the northern part where the capitol and Airport of Hainan Island is situated. We were brought to a medicine merchandize outlet for tourist (it is a norm for touring in China, haiz…) and we had to get our feet soak for free of charge and enjoyed its foot massage while listening to the speaker promoting their best-est products. I wouldn’t complain when they provide free massage rather than free drink or perhaps nothing at all.

That was part of us in the hall, I was on the 2nd row so couldn’t have everyone in

After many days of blue sky and crystal clear water, on the very last destination, the tour guide sent us somewhere high, Dong Ling’s Hill. The people believe the mountain’s location is in the position with best fengshui on the Island. Hence, there are a lot of ancient tombs all over the area. There are thousands of them (can’t remember the actual figure and lazy to check). We still found this place fun even though there was nothing much to shout about neither the scenery nor the temples. The credit goes to the cable car (yeah we were lazy people and we refused to climb the steep stairs.

The dangerous cable car. keep moving like we were on a skiing trip

One precaution hint here, please be alert when you’re dealing with people in the temple your tour guide bring you to while in a China tour. Beware not to simply agree on anything without knowing what price to pay. I had a few bad experiences on this and I damn F hate it. Why they need to use the name of god to con innocents for some income?

We reached hotel early that day and a few of us decided not to compromise on the dull tour package dinner which the rest told us it was good actually. But what we had definitely better than theirs because it took us a lot of asking before we manage to reach this place. A Hunan cuisine restaurant we found and this is a chain restaurant around southern China.

3 of us actually ordered 5 dishes + 1 soup. If you know how big the portion is in China, you will probably know this was insane and incredibly, we manage to finish it. We were dying for good food towards end of the week trip or the cooking was just too superb for us

Stewed fatty pork

Fried cabbage with dry chillis

Spicy dry fish with black bean

Hunan style’s prawn satay (own generate name)

Meat stuffing grilled eggplant with sizzling plate

Long hour’s decoction soup

It may look weird to us on how much they use dry chillis and you may see them in almost every dish. The more common SiChuan cuisine is well-known for its spicy dishes, Hunan’s shares equality in the spiciness. There are differences between both of them though (Not going to share it here). The cooking might be too oily for most, I am still loving it.

There will never be a moment of joy that is eternal. The more enjoyment you had, the more sorrow it will be towards the end of the trip when family members need to separate without knowing when will be the next meet up. Even kids feel the sadness in the airport. Have to stop here OMG, I miss the trip already. Great family I have. I do love all of them.

In the airport. sad sad sad

Posted in DongGuan, China

15 Responses

1. KY

the pork looks yum!

April 14, 2009 at 1:27 pm
  2. baby bren's mama

are they ALL your relatives?

April 14, 2009 at 8:38 pm
  3. Pet

I don’t think I will understand what the China traders talking about… Your trip to China is very exciting and lots of fun, but for me, I will think twice before going unless I have some Mandarin speaking friends to go with. ~hint hint~

April 14, 2009 at 9:29 pm
  4. -eiling-

Wah the cable car looks scary with the legs hanging like that. Like going on a Switzerland skiing trip except without the snow. I also hate the chinese that con people at the temples. My friend was conned into paying RM160 to burn the joss sticks and they even offered to swipe our credit card if we don’t have enough cash! bollocks!

April 14, 2009 at 9:33 pm
  5. suzie

Hv been waiting for this complete set for long…and FINALLY!!! Waited till neck long long dy. I love the eggplant most.

April 15, 2009 at 12:17 am
  6. J2Kfm

the grilled eggplant so reddish!

on the whole, all the food looked good. Hainan Island eh? how much you spent?

April 15, 2009 at 1:59 am
  7. Myhorng

KY, as long as pork u r good with it dy.

mama, yes they are. close relative. quite alot of us right? hehe.

Pet, someone sponsor me i’ll be happy to be assistant tour guide.

eiling, ya they told me they accept AMEX WTF. Ask me for RMB9999 discount to 3000 and i just walk out.

suzie, late than never right?

J2Kfm, total about RM2k+ only

April 15, 2009 at 5:15 am
  8. Jaclyn

Hi!

I’m curious, can u speak Hainanese language?

April 17, 2009 at 11:47 pm
  9. Myhorng

hiya Jaclyn, proudly i announce i can.. yeah. u?

April 18, 2009 at 4:03 am
  10. Jaclyn

Yes i can too! :) But unfortunately, I’m beginning to forget more and more words because I don’t get to practice it often now :(

But anyhow, glad that I found someone who can speak the language ere :)

April 25, 2009 at 12:38 am
  11. Myhorng

Jaclyn, i’m slightly better than you as my mom only speaks hainanese to me but i only go home like once in a month which means, my hainanese is not getting any better. hehe.

April 27, 2009 at 12:20 am
  12. Jaclyn

Lol! Well, I used to speak Hainanese everyday with my grandparents. But they passed away not too long ago so I kinda stopped speaking that language. My dad often speaks to me in Hainanese, hoping that I won’t forget it (because for my generation, oni my brother and I can speak) but I always reply him back in English -_-

I guess I should really brush up! I’m proud to be able to speak the language while others can’t.

N u r betta than me cuz I’ve neva been to Hainan island :(

April 28, 2009 at 7:53 am
  13. Myhorng

same here, i reply hainanese with hokkien to my mom. lol

as for hainan islan, just do it. not that far anyway.

April 28, 2009 at 9:21 pm
  14. Hainanese

Now days Hainan language is less n less, if I can offer, don u guys think to learn from me …… Hainanese !

May 11, 2009 at 9:24 am
  15. Myhorng

yo sukinang, i bet there will be a lot of Hainanese out there who willing to learn from you lo. however, i’ll still be learning from my MOM. she is the best i would say.

May 11, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.